Made some candied yams```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Some one had given us large Yams```

Did every thing with care~ couldn't fine the brown sugar~ planned to use: white sugar~ some butter~ cinnamon~ nutmeg~ ginger```

Came out looking beautiful ~ but it was a wee bit hot ~ I'd used Cayenne Pepper in place of nutmeg~ by accident```

Actually wasn't bad~ coulda used a little less Cayenne```

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some one had given us large Yams```

Did every thing with care~ couldn't fine the brown sugar~ planned to use: white sugar~ some butter~ cinnamon~ nutmeg~ ginger```

Came out looking beautiful ~ but it was a wee bit hot ~ I'd used Cayenne Pepper in place of nutmeg~ by accident```

Actually wasn't bad~ coulda used a little less Cayenne```

:yuckyuck

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Valley, you do know that brown sugar is nothing more than white sugar and molassas? The more molassas will get you the darker brown sugar. Just saying for future reference.

Next year, use your white sugar and a few tablespoons of molassas. Then skip the cayanne!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i did hot sauce and cheese on my squash tonight. yum. :)

would try those yams... spices and a bit of heat sound good to me!

p.s. love bacon on about anything and would love it in sweet potatoes too. would also love german potato salad made with sweet potatoes.

RickF

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You might also consider coconut sugar which is refined WAAAAY less than either white sugar or brown which have virtually zero nutritional value.. This is something I've been working on for a bit now..

Latest posts