MARSHALLLLLLLLLL Where are you????

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
<~~ Standing out in our giant online backyard... waves to Digits "Have you seen Marshall? He went into the bean field a few days ago and I haven't seen him since."

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know what it amounts to, Cane'?

He has his garden completely planted.

I mean, it is better than sitting around watching paint dry . . . Marshall's problem, dozing there in his lawn chair, he doesn't grow enuf greens. Yeah, he'd have to be stirring up something from the garden for lunch if he did.

digitS'

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha, that'd be fun. I've been raking and leaf blowing 2 huge camps. Have to bag the leaves because they did not ask me to do their camps until after burn pile season ended. And what a mess these 2 camps are. They had not raked these camps right for years so there are lots of twigs and brush to take care of too. I'll be running out of bags today. 68 bags are full already. I have about 10 more 55 gallon bags. The leaves are now mostly in piles, then some edging and the few leaves that blew off the piles, then those camps are done. These camps are nowhere near flat. Hills, mountains, Mount Everest! Now I may be exagerating a little, but not much. I'm raking a forest. Wheeew! But hay, for 400 bucks, extra cash means more stuff for the garden. Oh, and probably some new kitty toys! Clevland really likes his collar with fake diamonds, but the one I got for Peeper is too small. He's a heavy set British Shorthair so he needs a bigger collar.

Oh yea, got to fix my car. Hopefully my good generator will be out of the shop this weekend. One I'm temporarily using guzzles gas 5 times as fast. I never use 5,000 watts at a time.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall,

do you have problems with allergies with all that raking?

I may be a little allergy-prone, then there's that deviated septum . . . sinus headaches. Oh!

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
No real allergy problems, but I do notice that I have to blow my nose out a bit more than normal while raking. It was the same working in the greenhouse. Some folks have hay fever. My dad did pretty bad. Not me, but yep, if I guess a clump of pollen builds up I have to blow it out.

What I do watch out for assiduously<<<another long word...that's two this morning. must be the coffee... is the poison oak. So far so good. Just one questionable little dot on my left forearm. Assiduously. I use it meaning, failure is not one of those optional things.

Oh one good thing about doing these two camps is that I found several mother lodes of Oak Leaf Mold type compost! Maybe I will put together another small bed in my garden with it, mixed with other good compost and a touch of our red clay for cation and color :p

oh. Peeper found a sunny spot to snooze and Clevland wants to play. I'm going to get back to the leaves now.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ooooooooo.......Marshall! I wish I could get those bags of leaves!!! My hens could sure turn them into some great compost!

Latest posts