Master Gardener Class

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sis and I registered for our class on Thursday and we are so excited! We received our books that we'll use and, wow! I'm hope I'm smart enough to pass this! :lol:

The place that we will be having the class is an old house built in 1920 that belonged to a man that was an eminent figure in the development of northwestern Louisiana during the latter part of the 19th century and the first half of the 20th century. Before his death he donated the house to be used a community center. It is a beautiful brick home with high celings and large airy rooms - there is also a large greenhouse out back!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That sounds great Southern! Does that house have a website?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, I have an aunt in Shreveport Joan!
That's a pretty cool old house, I liked the kitchen. :)
Are your classes weekly? What are you learning first?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
What fun!! I keep hoping one of these years, I will have time to take the class... We have quite a long waiting list, around here. What a fabulous setting!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, that mansion is beautiful! Like from a movie!

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
the houses in that part of Shreveport are old and fabulous! Just about everyone in that part of town has old established azaleas - you should see them in bloom!

Thistle, yes my classes are every Thrusday for 10 weeks - then comes the volunteer work. First on the list is basic botany!

What a small world, Thistle! I grew up in Shreveport and moved to Benton 11 years ago. What is your aunts name? I just might know her!

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh what a beautiful old mansion. I really like the N.W. part of LA. Well, I love ALL of LA especially the S.E. part. DW and I lived in NOLA most of 2004 and part of 2005 in I fell in love with it (after the culture shock wore off :)).

How do you guys find out about these master gardener classes. Do you think I would find something like that in rural Indiana?

Latest posts