Mayhem

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Adopted today.
I didn't try to take a picture of her because there was nothing to see but HUGE eyes the back of the carrier. She is a black, short hair cat with a chopped off 3" long tail (accident?).
I thought... since Chaos (the giant fluffy beast) needed a friend in the barn, maybe this was better than a donation to the shelter - in memory of our dear friend.
She'll spend a couple days in the big crate getting used to the sounds and smells of the barn and meeting Chaos without either of them being able to get tooooo crazy. Then some pictures.
Mayhem.jpg

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Adopted today.
I didn't try to take a picture of her because there was nothing to see but HUGE eyes the back of the carrier. She is a black, short hair cat with a chopped off 3" long tail (accident?).
I thought... since Chaos (the giant fluffy beast) needed a friend in the barn, maybe this was better than a donation to the shelter - in memory of our dear friend.
She'll spend a couple days in the big crate getting used to the sounds and smells of the barn and meeting Chaos without either of them being able to get tooooo crazy. Then some pictures.
View attachment 30016
Oh a great idea. I almost convinced my husband to take one of his old dogs.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Adopted today.
View attachment 30016

i hope they get along well and keep after the varmints for you. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I need to understand the photo, Debbie ...

With nothing to capture with the camera but eyes in darkness, and not wanting to frighten the Mayhem, you have a picture of feline current Chaos looking after Mayhem?

Yes, rescuing a kitty that has lost part of its tail is very NyBoy appropriate.

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I need to understand the photo, Debbie …

At the shelter, she had the yellow blanket and a little kitty carrier in her cage. They said that she spent most of her time in the carrier hiding, so they let me bring her 'house' and blanket home. Her 'house' and blanket are in the big crate with a litter box and food & water so that she can have some familiar things with her while she gets used to the sounds and smells of the barn - and to having Chaos (the fluffy one in front of the crate) being around.
She came out of her house this morning when I gave her breakfast. It was really my first good look at her. She is GEORGOUS! Solid black (like those crazy ducks and chickens - lol). She is still - naturally - nervous but meows back when I talk to her.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
when we moved when i was a kid i hid in the cupboards for six months. Mom was worried and talked to a psych, psych was smart and said, "He'll come out when he's ready." :) i still like living in comfy spaces that don't change much. up north i lived in an attic for quite a while. say hello to kittykindredspirit for me and give her a scritch.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Keep us in loop as to how they get along. We have 3 different families of cats (1-2/family) & they hate each other. All are fixed. Don’t ask in how much I have invested between neutering, feed, etc..... Still have to poison mice-lazy cats