Meanwhile at the lower ranch ~ the gate was left open ```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Yeh ~ Here they are The Palomino Band ~ dropped in to say hello and have a bite of Alfalfa, grass and what ever else they see ```

img_0936-jpg.162459

img_0939-jpg.162461

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Great pictures! I am finally riding/training this summer, thought not as often as I would like. My QH is soaking up everything, including working over poles. I found an interesting Dressage site that suggested backing up 10 steps minimum, and I have been doing that. No problem, since I rouTINEly back my current 3 on the ground All of the time in the winter, so they are doing well with that.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes ~ they are wild ~ we do know this band though ~ for a couple years ~ youngest daughter and I met them when she was training the Kent's horses to cart ~ good looking band about 10 or maybe couple more ~ they like the girls ~ they've seen us a lot ~ I was surprised they walked right to daughter ~ but ```

No ~ not near Palomino Valley ~ that's north from here a good ways ``` That's where we were trying to get a mustang from couple years back ```

Last edited:

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
When youngest daughter and I were in the little cart ~ years back ~ this band saw us ~ ran ahead and stopped in the center of the road ~ they were looking at us like ~ what the heck it that thing ~ we were almost up to them before they took off north ~ this was couple miles from here ``` They use to come by to trim the Russian Olive trees that hang over the fence for us ~ haven't seen em for a while ~ was worried they had been chased by copters into traps ```

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
my sis has wild horses around her place in CO. they don't feed them but at times they do come close enough to the house to raid the gardens. there's not a whole lot of easy greens for them...

Latest posts