MERRY CHRISTMAS

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS to one and all !!! Yesterday afternoon, I whent to see my doctor. The office had a MERRY CHRISTMAS poster on the wall behind the receptionist. A woman wearing a burka and had 3 little kids in tow, started to RANT AND RAVE that that poster was insulting to her and her kids, and her religion. REALLY ??? Why is it OK for someone else to be insulted but MUST tollerate that someone else to INSULT others ? I told her that if she is insulted, go to another dotor. Others in the waiting room applauded, then she left in a huff. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Praying that the day of 'political correctness' in all matters is a thing of the past. I can be polite and gracious when I see other cultural celebratory images. I can appreciate our country's differences and diversity, but I'll be darned if I'll sit by, shut up, and have others express their opinion that my choice of cultural diversity is an insult to them.

I may have been more tactful, but I want you to know, Bobm, you are a great American!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a big fight going on here. Every year all business owners donate $100 to Christmas tree lighting in town. Fire dept puts puts up the lights, free coffee, hot chocolate and cookies all kids get small toy while supply last the high school band plays xmas music. One of the business owner went to all asking not to donate till Christmas tree lighting changed to Holiday tree lighting. When he asked me not to donate I replied Thanks for the laugh, your really funny thinking you can tell me how I should spend my money.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm getting so tired of all this political correctness? bah humbug!!! Why can't we all celebrate our own beliefs and not put down the beliefs of others. When one comes from another country they should respect the beliefs of the country they have chose to live in, in turn we should respect theirs unless they are trying to shove theirs down our throats, this I take exception to.
A couple of years ago I stood in front of the card display trying to think which greeting was appropriate for each person I was sending to, not wanting to offend anyone I picked generic captions like seasons greetings, I did it again this year, if I'm still around next year everyone is going to get a Merry Christmas card, they can like it or lump it, because this is what has always been in my family.

Annette

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
i missed sensitively training down at work...
my only verby warning in 19 years. had someone complain for what i said.... just to clarify it was offending race wise...
"basically if they don't like what i say or like, they are welcome to leave at anytime"
i have rights as well under the First Amendment

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I stood in front of the card display trying to think which greeting was appropriate for each person I was sending to, not wanting to offend anyone I picked generic captions like seasons greetings, I did it again this year, if I'm still around next year everyone is going to get a Merry Christmas card, they can like it or lump it, because this is what has always been in my family.

Annette
I carefully pick out cards as well. All must have something related to the meaning of Christmas. That usually involves a manger scene or at least shepherds on the hill side. For my 33 years of student cards it was always children as shepherds or at the manger scene as their Christmas card along with a personalized letter. The few times I've had a student and their family who were Jehovah's Witnesses I sent a THINKING ABOUT YOU card and a personal letter telling them how much I've appreciated having them in my class so far this year and wishing them a fun and special school break.

See? I can be just as sensitive as the next guy for those special needs, but I'm proud to let my students and their families know what makes me me. And that is my faith, my family, and my feelings for others.

Merry Christmas to all.

If someone responds they do Kwanzaa or Hanukkah then I smile and wish them a happy Kwanzaa or blessed Hanukkah. Doesn't hurt my feelings and shouldn't hurt theirs. This IS America, after all.

Latest posts