MILD Horseradish Sauce Recipe

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Thought I'd better post this, 'cause you'all probably wouldn't find it on the other thread. ;)
Does anybody have a recipe for a MILD horseradish sauce? There is a German restaurant not-too-far-away from us in Gibson City, IL called the "Bayern Stube," and they serve a terrific but mild horseradish sauce. (I'm NOT gonna get their recipe from them!) There are times that I don't mind burning out my nose with the stuff you buy in the store, but I thought I'd ask.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Okay I did read this on the other thread.

I say if you have a recipe for sauce just use less Horseradish!
lachen-1.gif

Sorry can't help myself.

Joe

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks! :hugs It will be awhile before I get a chance to make any of this--I believe that the last link is probably the one I'm looking for. DD and I were watching a History Channel program last month, about Stainless Steel (of all things), and they showed how combining water with onions produces mild sulfuric acid, like when the fumes come in contact with your eyes. I'll bet that chemically there is a similarity between onions & horseradish, in that they both have sulfer in them.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
Okay I did read this on the other thread.

I say if you have a recipe for sauce just use less Horseradish! http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/injunjoetortman/gifs/lachen-1.gif

Sorry can't help myself.

Joe
You've earned your laugh--I'm drooling over the "Nightbloomer" pic at the top of the page!

Actually..you're right, I think--add less to make more mild. I have just kinda gotten tired of everything hot and spicy. NOT that my desire for mild is in my genes. My grandfather (from Croatia, came over when he was 14 yrs old) just LOVED hot peppers.

Latest posts