Mint Leaves Turning Black

hennypenny9

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi, I realize I only seem to ask questions around here, but I just couldn't find a real answer for what's wrong.

I picked up this mint starter yesterday, and today noticed some leaves turning black. Here are pictures.

100_2168.jpg
100_2172-1.jpg

Is is some sort of fungus? Black Spot? Like I said, I got this yesterday. Too much water!?

Thanks in advance, I apparently do not have a green thumb. :hit

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My first guess would be damage from transport or new conditions -- dunno where you live, was it exposed to cold, or wind, or anything like that? either in transit, or in its new location? Leaves getting damaged/bent?

Overwatering is not impossible, tho in just 1 day it'd be past overwatering not anything you did. Not *impossible* to be fungal but it wouldn't be my first guess.

I wouldn't sweat it heavily at the moment, just be nice to the plant and see what ahppens -- it is ahrd to kill a mint, and you can propagate from a cutting if necessary.

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

GardeNerd

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
My first guess would be damage from transport or new conditions -- dunno where you live, was it exposed to cold, or wind, or anything like that? either in transit, or in its new location? Leaves getting damaged/bent?
Pat
My guess was going to be damage from cold.

hennypenny9

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I managed to kill some mint before this one, don't remember how, and I'm kind of paranoid. I remember mint as being impossible to kill, but that was planted outside in the ground.

I haven't noticed the black spreading, but it's only been one day, lol.

Latest posts