Missing my garden

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My son is getting married next month in Ohio and I came up this week for the bridal shower. I pick and planted everything I could and set up a watering system while I was gone but I am really missing it. I guess my new beans are coming up and my husband said I have black cherry tomatoes there are purple and I can't see any of it.

Worst part... I have to do this again next month for the wedding.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I understand completely, @HunkieDorie23. When we went on our first (and only) vacation I spent most of the time worrying about how all the seeds I had planted just before leaving were doing. Were they getting too weedy? Were they getting enough rain? Were the wild varmints leaving my seedlings alone or eating them up?

When, after only three of our seven days, we were called home for a family emergency I was relieved to have the garden stress gone. I am NOT a good vacationer! Why should I go when I've spent years getting my personal paradise the way I want it. A lot more peace and quiet than I was able to have in a cabin in the woods beside a lake -- and without the mosquito swarms.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I am sure that you will glad about handling the shower and wedding, when you look back on it, but sometimes these brides inconvenience everyone else for the "Princess Party." My DD was asked to be the Maid of Honor for a fellow Law Student who said that she was her best friend, though my daughter wondered where that came from. They announced the wedding one year ahead of time, BUT, it was right before Law School graduation, immediately before everybody takes the Bar prep course, and then sweats the Bar exam, and are in the middle of job hunting---a VERY busy time. Although the bride still lives in the town where they both went to law school, my daughter lives at home, 3 1/2-4 hours away. To top that off, the wedding was set in another state, some 7-8 hours drive away.
My DD got up her gumption, finally, in April to tell her that her new job wouldn't allow her to take a day off, drive to the rehearsal dinner, and then turn around after the wedding and immediately drive back. Flying would have made this a $2K weekend. EVERYBODY leaves law school in great debt, so you have to take your job seriously. My DD had a prior commitment to take the previous Friday off to attend a personal event.
I'm glad that she did it that way. Both sisters had a great time. Her sister volunteered to travel to the wedding with her, but they wouldn't have enjoyed it.
It's very selfish for this girl to expect everyone else to put themselves out and pay money they may not have JUST o have a wedding. In this case, had it been back in Illinois, my daughter would have done it for 1/4 the price.
You see this still happen a LOT.
Yes, family is important. But the cost of this girl's wedding was enough to buy a nice new car.
To be in your 30's and to show such immaturity makes me question how long this marriage will last.
Just gotta vent, and I'm glad that my DD's aren't wasting like this.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That perfect day ....... followed by that perfect wedding......... followed by that perfect marriage ........ followed by that perfectly over the top divorce ........

Snicker snicker......

Latest posts