Mole-deterrant: Solar powered "chattering" device?

LisaJean

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have moles in my yard, and they are making a mess of things. I don't like poisons, so I bought this little spike that you put in the gournd. It has a solar cell to power it, and it makes a chattering sound. The sound is meant to sound like a mole's alarm call, and is supposed to scare them away.

Has anyone had any experience with this type of device? It's still charging right now, so I haven't seen yet if it works. Does anyone have any other suggestions for moles?

Ga Chicken Mom

Leafing Out
Reaction score
We had moles occasionally in our FL lawn (moved to the N GA mountains and no more grass - Hurrah!). DH hated the mole tunnels and tried a number of devices. The most success he had was with a battery powered spike that made a sonic beep which we could just barely hear. I think it took about a month to drive the moles away but once they were gone they didn't return. Sounds like the device you have is based on the same principle. Good luck, hope it works.

LisaJean

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hey all!

Just as update... that chattering mole deterrent seems to have worked very well. I haven't seen any new tunnels since the day I installed the thing. Definitely recommended. It's humane, and Green, and it works.

Latest posts