Monster Tendril Legume

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I took a pic about two weeks ago of a legume growing amoungst my flowers in the front. At first I thought it was an errant sweet pea or a regular pea. NOPE> its tendrils are huge, overtaking, monstrous, kinda like that movie "The blob" that was so scary back in the day. I'll go take another pic of it now, but I wanted to start this thread. In this pic, the tendrils are about 6 - 7" long and the plant is about 6" tall. The tendrils ONLY extend from left and right...in a straight line. Its really quite amazingly scary!!

ekyjAyw.jpg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think it's very pea-ish too. Last year I grew a pea that was noted for it abundant edible tendrils. The vine was crazy with tendrils! I should see if I can find the name...
"Sugar Magnolia"
Baker Creek pic
upload_2018-7-7_15-39-32.jpeg

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Freshly painted summer toes was for scale only. No worries about snatching my foot....

(unless it comes in the front door, inching across the great room like fog (or blob) and grabs me off of my computer table....)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i have green peas like that. they are an all around good pea, pods, shellies and dry. i plant them in a block and they look like a big fuzzball from all of the tendrils.

usually they get about 2-3ft high before the heat gets to them and they give up.

there are more tendrils than leaves.

Latest posts