mornings harvest!

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went out and picked some Sweet 100s, Early Girls, Jalapenos, and Zucchinis this morning. Need to get the dehydrater, and Food saver fired up. Seems like the garden keeps producing well, hope we dont get frost for another month or so!...:)

7254_photo_3.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There you go, Collector!

Obviously, you got the jalapenos thru to their required growing weather. My peppers took a real beating early.

It may be just my imagination but if we will have 2 days with afternoons in the nineties during the 1st week of September - how can it freeze over the next 30 days!?? I mean, 98f is today's record from 125 years ago!

Steve
who wasn't around in 1888

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
digitS said:
It may be just my imagination but if we will have 2 days with afternoons in the nineties during the 1st week of September - how can it freeze over the next 30 days!?? I mean, 98f is today's record from 125 years ago!

Steve
yes exactly!! Its going to be a gorgeous September, just like its a gorgeous Labor day weekend. Nice harvest Collector!!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice haul, Collector. :thumbsup What are you going to make with your jalapenos?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Labor day weekend here is all rain !!
NwMtGardener said:
digitS said:

Steve
yes exactly!! Its going to be a gorgeous September, just like its a gorgeous Labor day weekend. Nice harvest Collector!!

mrcman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
That's a great morning harvest.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks steve, getting the peppers thru May and June is not easy lately, They just sit in the ground and wont grow until warm weather comes. You end up with plants that are only 12", 14" tall but they alot of peppers on them, and still do! The best producers seemed to be the pepperoncini plants , from only 2 plants we have canned 4 pints of pepperoncinis and are still getting some...:)

NWMT Gardener, We are hoping for a warmer September to keep the garden growing for awhile longer...:)

Journey, I am trying to make ground jalopenos to use in chili and other recipes. A not so funny story is, DW was distracted with other things when I asked her to process the peppers. She ended up cutting up about a gallon and a half of Jalopenos without gloves on, all day and night ouuuch. Shes not happy with me at this point!!...:(

bj, cane, and mrC, thanks for the replies...:)

Latest posts