Moving

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've not been on the forum much lately, my computer was in and out of the shop for a month and I finally got a new one. I'm not mad at anyone I just have not had a computer.

I don't know how much I'll be on here anyway. We are in the process of moving back to south Louisiana, we'll be looking about as far south of New Orleans as we can go. Different reasons for that, some changes in extended family status and such but the main driver is to get us closer to our grandkids. I think a lot of people on here can relate to that.

I'm not planting anything up here this year and have no idea when we'll physically make the move or what property we will have. We have not started looking yet, but I'm going from urban to suburban where even a little property is rare. I'm confident any future garden will be a fraction of my current 50' x 75'. I may even switch to a raised bed style, room will be precious. My climate will dramatically change too, not only what I can grow but when I can plant stuff.

I expect I'll check in here fairly regularly whether I post or not, but my main emphasis is deciding what I'm taking from a large well-equipped workshop and a 12' x 50' shed, what to give away, what to try to sell and how, and what to haul to the dump. It's amazing how much stuff you can accumulate, especially if you have a lot of room

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wondered where you'd been Ridge. I figured you were visiting with your family.
That's going to be a big move and a big change in garden styles. But not one you aren't familiar with at least. I'm happy to hear you'll be closer to your grandkids. Would they be the ones in your avatars?

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ooo...lucky you. I love Cajun country. I would have moved back to Biloxi MS, but we all know what happened t it back in 2005. :hit So instead, I moved to SC. :barnie

Where at in southern LA are you moving to?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We also moved to be closer to our grand daughter-and got 2 more as a bonus! I totally get it. We don't know what we would have done, rattling around in a much larger house--ALL ALONE with NO grand babies! Moving is the best thing we ever did.

Make this as slow a process as needed. Look and find the just right place for you, wife and the grand babies. What about room for a few hens? Grands LOVE to go "pick" eggs!

You could make a journal of your moving adventures and update it with what's new. That way, we all could still stay in touch with you!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've not been on the forum much lately, my computer was in and out of the shop for a month and I finally got a new one. I'm not mad at anyone I just have not had a computer.

I don't know how much I'll be on here anyway. We are in the process of moving back to south Louisiana, we'll be looking about as far south of New Orleans as we can go. Different reasons for that, some changes in extended family status and such but the main driver is to get us closer to our grandkids. I think a lot of people on here can relate to that.

I'm not planting anything up here this year and have no idea when we'll physically make the move or what property we will have. We have not started looking yet, but I'm going from urban to suburban where even a little property is rare. I'm confident any future garden will be a fraction of my current 50' x 75'. I may even switch to a raised bed style, room will be precious. My climate will dramatically change too, not only what I can grow but when I can plant stuff.

I expect I'll check in here fairly regularly whether I post or not, but my main emphasis is deciding what I'm taking from a large well-equipped workshop and a 12' x 50' shed, what to give away, what to try to sell and how, and what to haul to the dump. It's amazing how much stuff you can accumulate, especially if you have a lot of room
I’m with you on that. Once retire, will move near kids-hopefully g’kids.... :)

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score

Nothing like the grandchildren.

Latest posts