Music in the garden

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Most of the time I enjoy the 'yard noise' while working in the garden. But sometimes - when a bit too much noise is drifting in from the neighbor's - it might be nice to have some music out there.

What about you, do you play music while you garden? What do you use? Wireless speaker? Boom-box? Loud music drifting out an open window??

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Boom-box with CD's. I looked at customizing a radio station to play my kind of music (50's and 60's rock and roll mainly) but I'm not spending that kind of money when I have about 50 CD's that I can rotate and get more variety.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Most of the time I enjoy the 'yard noise' while working in the garden. But sometimes - when a bit too much noise is drifting in from the neighbor's - it might be nice to have some music out there.

What about you, do you play music while you garden? What do you use? Wireless speaker? Boom-box? Loud music drifting out an open window??

none. sometime we have dogs off in the distance that can be annoying but i can tune them out. Mom will complain about them.

i like to listen to the wind-chimes and birds we have around or just whatever bits of quiet i can get. indoors we have music on almost all the time and while i can tolerate it i would much rather have some silence here or there to break it up.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Boom-box with CD's. I looked at customizing a radio station to play my kind of music (50's and 60's rock and roll mainly) but I'm not spending that kind of money when I have about 50 CD's that I can rotate and get more variety.

i have all my CDs in my computer now so i can listen any time. the speakers are pretty good still even after almost 20yrs. we have another large stereo system and the receiver says it should be able to get Bluetooth, but i haven't yet figured out what i need to get to transmit from this computer so it can be picked up by the stereo. it's a project for eventually. the large stereo system also has a CD player that holds 300 CDs but it is old enough now that it isn't playing reliably. eventually i'll take the CDs out of it and put them in my computer and transmit them back to the stereo system if i can get that to work. the other bonus to that would be because i can bring in the public radio stations much better via the internet than via the antenna we have up on the roof (which also gets the tv stations we can watch) - so i can transmit them to the stereo system too which would avoid a lot of noise we get now.

at the moment i'm playing my edits of the LOTR music (for all six movies). it's about 6hrs and 20 minutes of music we can both listen to.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Songs on my iPhone blasting through Bluetooth speaker or headset-depending upon mood.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder how one of those Bluetooth waterproof shower speakers would work for someone (like me) who hates to have to tote an arm load of things in and out of the house?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder how one of those Bluetooth waterproof shower speakers would work for someone (like me) who hates to have to tote an arm load of things in and out of the house?
They Bluetooth work fine although I’ve never worked with the water proof types. I have music on my phone. Use it in truck, ear pieces, speakers, all fine.

Latest posts