My 2020 Garden

misfitmorgan

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I got garlic planted last saturday so we should have a nice garlic harvest next year. I did 11 bulbs and 1 elephant bulb, shall see how they do.
1124191416.jpg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good job. It will do well for you.
I have found that garlic is tough and very forgiving. Our soil is starting to freeze, but one year I planted my garlic in December with a pick, haha. Grew fine. Guess I could still get some in...

misfitmorgan

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
That is a good start! Garlic is good on just about everything......maybe not a bowl of cereal.....LOL
Yes we love garlic! I want the elephant garlic so I can make roasted garlic with it.

Good job. It will do well for you.
I have found that garlic is tough and very forgiving. Our soil is starting to freeze, but one year I planted my garlic in December with a pick, haha. Grew fine. Guess I could still get some in...

I didnt think we would get ours in but the warm up we are having thawed the ground back out so I quickly put in the garlic. We thought about putting in potatoes and might still but I wanted to try those in the raised bed, DH mentioned trying potato sacks.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
yes, it was a nice few days to be outside and getting things done. this morning was also pretty nice but i was too tired to do much outside - i just didn't feel light fighting the wind. there was a bit of sunshine and then this really huge dark bank of clouds rolled in from the west and it stormed, rained/snowed with obligatory thunderstorm and all was blowing all over. i got out an extra blankie and took a nap. i think this may be it for warmer weather, but we'll see... :)

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Congratulations on planting your garlic! I didn't plant any last year and regretted it...but I have a patch of garlic from my old garden that grows wild out in the yard. I was able to go out and sneak a few heads here and there, and actually dug up a couple to replant in my raised beds. I have no idea what the variety is, but I have been growing it for ten years and like the flavor. I have never tried elephant garlic, but I would like to.

After smelling the boxes that store bought garlic comes in, I never buy it from the grocery store!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congratulations on planting your garlic! I didn't plant any last year and regretted it...but I have a patch of garlic from my old garden that grows wild out in the yard. I was able to go out and sneak a few heads here and there, and actually dug up a couple to replant in my raised beds. I have no idea what the variety is, but I have been growing it for ten years and like the flavor. I have never tried elephant garlic, but I would like to.

After smelling the boxes that store bought garlic comes in, I never buy it from the grocery store!
What do the boxes smell like?

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What do the boxes smell like?

Dead mice....very much like dead mice. Every time the produce guy restocks the garlic I always end up crawling around that area looking to remove a tiny stinky corpse before a customer finds it!

When my brother-in-law moved a few decades ago he got boxes from the grocery store. Some of them were garlic or onion boxes. His wife was not happy.

Ask for egg boxes. They are a good size, big but not so big you can't carry it easily, and the boxes are sturdy and have handles.