My duaghter and my walk through the yard...

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
...we've done a lot since we moved here on May 30th. Its a lot of work for what little we've done. It seems everytime I walk through the yard, or drive up that our yard is naked. Our house, looks like a giant box set on nothingness. :eek:

I just wanted to share some of what we've managed to do and the EXPANSE of emptiness still there. Please share your critiques and ideas of what we can still do. I want trees and plants and shrubs. I've got area set aside to build a raised bed veggie garden. We're working on the new chicken coop, and we just finished putting in a path that wasn't there before.

First of all I want to show the new driveway sign I put in with the help of my 18 month old this morning.
house_sept1.jpg

house_sept2.jpg

house_sept3.jpg

house_sept4.jpg

house_sept5.jpg

house_sept6.jpg

house_sept7.jpg

house_sept8.jpg

Here is where I have NO ideas to do anything yet. We'll have a duck house by the pond for sure, and I think my husband is building a platform for him to fish from. Other then that I'd love ideas for a patio, or plant beds.... or something for USABLE space.
house_sept9.jpg

Here's the coop my husband is building now, I just painted the base this morning.

coop4.jpg

You see why I'm collecting seeds so extensively!!!!??? LOL :lol:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you... I love the idea of expanding the bed and a path in a circle! PERFECT! :D

Going to have to get me a tiller. :eek:

OH, and I do have a jasmine vine at my mom's I've been growing and now its perfect and healthy to be moved to my house. Its eating her shed alive! LOL

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I ordered crepe myrtles... the guy acted all like "I'll be out your way this week and I'll throw some extras on my truck", and then never showed or called. :mad:

Well I'll take my tree money and get DUCKS! LOL

Believe it or not I do have one tree shoot in my front yard growing well.. its just going to take awhile to get to size. Its an 18" tall Japanese Maple. LOVE THEM! It was a gift from one of my mom's friend he got from his tree.

I'm going to see if I can borrow my neighbor's tiller next week. Maybe get that halfmoon bed in the front going.

CottageGardener123

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Too bad your crepe murtles didn't come. I have two myself. They are blooming right now (they are late bloomers.) Good luck on tilling your new bed. Keep us posted! :D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
awww... thank you!

Can't wait to see the garden in action in the spring with CottageGardeners' help! I'm taking instructions into action. I got a new fence at the end of the driveway with an arbor to walk through, bought a ton or vining seeds too! :p

Latest posts