My Indoor Coleus ! Pics! And a Question.

usschicago1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I havent been here in FOREVER ! It definitely has grown here !

First I wanted to share some pictures of my last remaining potted indoor coleus. It DEFINITELY is my favorite plant species, I had so much fun watching them grow and propagating them throughout the winter. I actually had about 10 pots full of them, but I cut them up and made nearly 100 new plants to go outside. But this is by far my biggest and healthiest one. I dont want to re-plant it outdoors, but it definitely needs it !

6508_huge_coleus.jpg

6508_huge_plant.jpg

6508_indoor_coleus.jpg

I also have a question about my spider plant. It is about 1 1/2 years old, i got it from a small cutting. I was wondering when it will start sending off new ones? I really want some more of these. This plant is HUGE compared to most spider plants i have seen, but no babies yet!
6508_photo0642.jpg

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi, Mark, you and I came back to TEG on the same day!

Your spider plant needs to be a bit more potbound before it will start sending out shoots. Don't pot it down, just let it be, and by mid to late summer I'll bet it'll be 'spidering' :watering

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love coleus too. So many colors/patterns! I had a deep purple one a few years ago, it was my favorite, but I didn't think to save any seeds before we moved.

usschicago1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Reinbeau said:
Hi, Mark, you and I came back to TEG on the same day!

Your spider plant needs to be a bit more potbound before it will start sending out shoots. Don't pot it down, just let it be, and by mid to late summer I'll bet it'll be 'spidering' :watering
Hi Reinbeau !
So nice to here from you! Thats too funny! Hope all is well !
Well, that explains why my plant is so big. Its in the biggest pot i own. I previously had some sort of tree in it ! LOL. I cant wait for it to spider :)

Thanks! Mark

usschicago1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
journey11 said:
I love coleus too. So many colors/patterns! I had a deep purple one a few years ago, it was my favorite, but I didn't think to save any seeds before we moved.
Ohh sounds beautiful! Im going this weekend to try to find some new varieties! I want the one that branches out.

I like it so much because it is so easy to propagate. And it adds to much color to a small space/pot.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Gorgeous! I love Coleus too.... I don't have a ton of shady area to have so many, but I have a couple to spread around. ;)

And WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!! :happy_flower

usschicago1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks! I have most of them outdoors now, and my spider plant is just starting to send out a stem for plant-lets! FINALLY!

Latest posts