My latest Harvest...Virginia Gold

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
4grandbabies said:
. . . Wonder if it would be easier to give up, than the commercial ones people get hooked on.
You are already planning on another way to get him to quit aren't you, 4Grandbabies?

:) ;) :)

More power to you! I really had to have DW around to get me to stop. She would cry . . . :/

Steve

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Digits:
Just hopeful, He and my daughter are older parents with small kiddies to raise. I know I wont be there long enough to finish the job for them
I am not plotting against him, just rooting for him, mainly, if he cant quit, raising his own sounds safer,( again, my signature.) I can hope the best for someone, but I cant live their life.:)
Edited to add: He says himself that he thinks they add stuff to make them crave them, and he has tried so many times to stop on his own.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I tried many, many times to quit. Then I'd be in a hurry but frustrated by delay . . . smoke. Or, exhausted but still needing to get something done . . . smoke. Or, joining in the camaraderie . . . smoke.

Dear Wife made it clear: she was afraid for me. And, afraid for the child we still had at home.

I craved cigarettes for years after. And, the doctor said years after I quit (and it's been over 20, now) that I still show signs of the damage I did to my lungs :rolleyes:.

Steve

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
After the holidays, he said he might try a technique that is sort of like accupuncture inside the ear. that is not what it is, I just dont know what it is called. They guarante results, and they come to our local hospital a few times a year, so maybe.....
I know its so hard, and I know he dreads giving up something that has been a part of his life since childhood.
I am here for support and encouragement, I will not push, or even hint, its not my place.

Latest posts