My Petunias are coming up.

ThisOldCabin

Sprout
Reaction score
I just love petunias.:D
I always try to find new ones and they do mix with my older variaties.Every year I get more where they re-seed.The tiny little seedlings are hard to deal with but the grown plants are great.One of my favorite old pots has about a hunderd just sprouting.:D I can hardly wait to see what colors I get this year.:celebrate

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you like petunias, and I thought they were special for us folks in arid climates, what do you think of Salpiglossis?

Most folks have no idea what they are and easily mistake Salpiglossis for petunias - which is fine. They are supposed to do better in semi-shade where they have worked well for me.

Interesting colors but you need to get up close to recognize that they aren't some exotic petunia.

Johnny's, Royale Mix

Thompson & Morgan's, Key Blue

:) Steve :)

edited to change the links

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm a huge petunia lover, too. This is the first year I have purchased seed so I can start them myself. Very exciting!

Digit, I've never heard of Salpiglossis. I will have to check those out!

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i just bought 2 6 packs of petunias to put in 2 hanging baskets i still need to hang. i hope that they will reseed for me each year. after i planted them i read an article that said i should cut holes in the sides of the basket moss stuff and plant the petunias out the sides to get a full bowl look. bummer i already put them all in the top of the bowl.
i tried seeds before and was not successful.
good luck guys.

Latest posts