My pictures

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Okay there was a thread where we discussed that my house was built in 1768 and I promised pictures.
I have all of my pictures in one album on photo bucket and I am not sure how to seperate them into seperate albums to show people just specific pictures without copying links for each picture individually.
So if anyone still wants to see pictures of my house and garden etc. you will have to suffer through my whole album I am afraid.
For some reason the pictures of the house got mixed up on different pages, some are on page one and some are on page ten and then who knows where else.
There are pics of my beehives and chickens on there as well, the old coop (that they quickly outgrew)and the hens when they were babies.
If I can find the old thread I will post the link there as well but figured I will do this for now.

http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/natalierosepeterson/?start=0

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That was nice.
You sure have a nice home. I love it.
Sure looks like a very happy family!
I love the Pugs all lined up!
There bed is cool too.
Thanks for sharing.

Joe

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What a wonderful tour of your home and family! Your house and the way you have decorated inside and out is stunning..bee hives ,getting the honey, all of it! Thanks for sharing so much of your privacy for so many of us to enjoy!:frow

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OMG,

I couldn't even get through the first two pages before I had to come back; so I am still in the kitchen!

This is a Dream Kitchen! Seriously! I love the countertop color! Bravo! Everything is perfectly placed! I love the preserves on the shelf. A window for every wall is almost unheard of including the back door too! What a delight!

:weee

...ok, be back in after I catch my breath!

Ron

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A wonderful home, Natalie.

I can hardly imagine having a house built nearly 250 years ago! There were no European-Americans here at that time. The first were Canadians, anyway. Fur traders were here about 150 years ago and then the missionaries.

One American general sent a letter to our first missionary hereabouts kidding him rather harshly about having an Indian teepee in his frontyard. The missionary wrote back to explain that, oh no! He didn't have an Indian teepee in his frontyard. He built his home in the Indian's backyard!

My house was built over 100 years ago and it's fairly unique. Unique in that such an unremarkable little house is still here after all that time. The library has a map from 1906 showing the house and 2 others on this road but the others are long gone and the entire neighborhood seems to be entirely made up of homes built no longer ago than the 1920's. There's a very good possibility that my home only had 2 rooms when it was built in 1901.

I had a pug after we moved into town when I was a kid. She was a great little dog but Mom usually only allowed her in the dining room with its hardwood floor: SNUFFLE, SNUFFLE, SNUFFLE, HUFFLE, SNIK, SNORK!! She'd keep me awake at night with her snoring (but I had better hearing back then ;).)

Steve

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ok, SimpleLife...now you have us all lusting for your home. I too am in love with the kitchen. It would be like living in a dream.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
You guys are really sweet. I don't know why there aren't pictures of the living room in there but I know there are some in the background when the kids are playing with the chickens.

Steve, isn't having a history on a house interesting?
I love the whole idea of knowing who lived here and what they did.
This house use to be a stagecoach stop and the house next door was a shoe factory that this family built and worked out of.
Daniel Webster use to come here to get his congressmen's boots made and to take the coach into Boston.
It was also a farm at one time.
I have spent the last 15 years restoring it. It was in pretty bad shape when I moved in but it had good bones.
I kept everything has historically significant as possible including no dishwasher or garbage disposal in the kitchen.
Ron, so you like the kitchen.
Its a favorite place for people to hang out.
The bench under the arched window came out of an old stage coach and everyone likes to sit there and talk to me while I cook.
The cash register next to the stove came out of an old variety store turned gas station and was used even at the gas station up until a few years ago.
I got my hot little hands on it about 3 years ago now.
I love having things around that are still functional but have so much character.
It sounds strange but I truly feel like a caretaker for this old house and that I owe it something in a way.
Its been here a long time and if the walls could talk....

Latest posts