My PVC Planter

TillinWithMyPeeps

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Here is my PVC planter, I put some Mesclun mix in it. This should be a great expansion for fresh greens.

6003_104_1621.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Awesome... I am being WAY to slack to start that project, and I'm glad to see someone took it on!!!

Looks like it would even fit in a window sill. ;)

warmfuzzies

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I would love to try this in a window! I have always wanted to have a salad mix and a herb mix all winter long.

But what would one do about drainage. You would not want it dripping on the floor, but you have to have some drainage dont you?

TillinWithMyPeeps

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
This particular one is too big for a (normal sized) window. However, it does have holes drilled in the bottom for drainage. For inside drainage, you may be able to put some sort of a tray or newspaper under it to catch the small amount of water that would need to drain out.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi Andy123,:happy_flower

I've grown strawberries in something like that when I lived in London a few years ago, except I had 2 or 3 at waist height. I used guttering; it was great because the strawberries hung over the edges & kept clean,dry & away from slugs & snails; I had great crops. The only problem was you had to pay attention to watering as it dries out fast :cool:
GOOD IDEA :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :watering :watering :watering

Have a great weekend in the garden :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools

:rose Hattie :rose

Latest posts