My Rainbow Truck/ update brakes

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gas gauge is holding up me picking up truck. When I was 18 had a MGB with broken gauge, run out of gas a lot. My mechanic thinks when truck was rewire from 6 volts to 12V gauge got fried. He without asking sent it out for repairs, I would have just bought a new one :barnie

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The guy doing the restoration may be having a hard time letting it go ...

@Chickie'sMomaInNH , the replacement 1966 Thunderbird at that link is very much like my 64 Tbird. Same sky blue color, I think. Dad and I repainted it but that was a stock color - not the rainbow one ...

Mine didn't have red leather seats but I spent quite a bit replacing interior and exterior chrome. Why? Don't know ... but, it could turn heads and lift eyebrows even 30 years ago.

Steve

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Was suppose to pick up truck this Tue. Was trouble with breaks I thought just wasn't power. Need to think safety having change over dont know how much or how long Here are emails. ************************************************************************************************************
These aren't just not power brakes, they are 4 wheel drum brakes. Takes a lot of effort
to get the truck to stop. I'm going to fix the brake line tomorrow and see if I can adjust these
to be better. The problem is someone put a big powerful motor in there without thinking about
making it stop.

On Friday, September 28, 2018, 1:14:09 PM EDT, Alex wrote:

Good news Tue. I remember driving a few cars that didnt havve power brakes
In a message dated 9/28/2018 1:10:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, sun writes:
Hi Alex,
I won't have the fuel gauge back until Monday. I discovered a leak in one of the brake fittings
yesterday and will fix that. I've changed the oil and the truck runs very well. It moved well under
power, but because of the drum brakes, it doesn't stop quickly. I'm going to try and adjust them
to make them better, but it's not like a modern car.
At some point, you might want to do a disk brake conversion. I've seen them in ranges of $350
to $1500. It would be money well spent , but I know you wouldn't want to do that right now.
Anyway, it will be ready probably by Tuesday at the latest.
Steve
On Friday, September 28, 2018, 8:54:08 AM EDT, Alex wrote:

whats the news on truck

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If anyone thinks that makes them look smart, I believe they have another think coming.

THANX RICH