MY Tomatoe Plant (Pictures) And a question

usschicago1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
6508_100_3948.jpg

6508_100_3949.jpg

They Look Great Huh :watering

Growing Great and Huge :ep Not sure about they type my grandfather gave it to me. But something is EATING the leave of it :rant :somad and my potatoes. There just leaving the branches. How do i stop it. I tried 7 dust and so far im still seing a new branch each night. Thanks :)

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The usual suspects that will eat the leaves off are going to be horn worms and army worms. I just inspect (with a cup of coffee in hand early morning)and hand pick the worms when I can find them. The earlier you can find them, the less damage they will do. Conversely the larger they get, the easier they are to find.The hornworms are much harder to spot, but you tend to get better with practice. Look for the droppings and move up the plant. Also you might look for eggs. Even harder to spot, but again you get better with practice. Good Luck! :)

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
What about rabbits? They munch on my plants...but they tend to eat the entire plant in one sitting too.

small farmer

Sprout
Reaction score
yes im with bid you have definetly got a tomato horn worm you need to look very close for a very camoflaged worm we dont spray them we feed them to our chickens they love them.:Dwe have had trouble with them and have picked off about 40 of them:(

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
If all you see is damage and you can't spot the culprit, it's probably a hornworm (although those orange potato bugs can really defoliate a potato plant--but you'll see them all over it). If you listen closely, you can hear the hornworms munching away! Best to look for the droppings, then check the leaves just above where you found droppings. The hornworms are the same shade of green as the plant. They tend to cling to the stems of the leafy branch. You might be looking right at it and not see it at first. They will eventually get BIG, with an even bigger appetite, like as big as your finger.
:hide

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
journey11 said:
If you listen closely, you can hear the hornworms munching away!
Seriously? You can actually hear them..sheesh ..I sure don't want any pests in my garden so big that you can actually hear them eating..:/

Latest posts