Naming Puppy After A Hooker

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder how many babies have been named Stormy the last few months. I have a great niece named Stormi but she is in her 20's so she does not count. Needs to be a baby.

I don't pick pet's names, I leave that to my wife. She's going to do it anyway, why fight it. I do name the chickens, but I'm in a rut. All cockerels are named Stew and all pullets are named Dumpling.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pet names - that can get pretty complicated.
Sometimes a name just 'fits'. Lilly (torti cat) is just Lilly... she's always been Lily - couldn't be anything but Lilly.
Ratatat's name was a joke. I brought her home as a day old kitten and told my renter that she was a rat (grey, nearly naked, squeeking..) It was WEEKS before she found out different. You'd think that fluffly little meowing 4-5week old kitten would be identifiable.. but that's a WHOLE different topic.
Chickens: Hurra Cane, Candy Cane, Sola Cane, Raisin Cane, Walkin Cane, Nova Cane, Benzo Cane, Lido Cane, Berry Cane, etc were attempts to follow a 'theme'.

As far as people naming pets - or children - after current events... well there is a line in a movie that says something like "A single person is smart. People as a group are dumb, dangerous animals". We suffer more from herd mentality than the average wildebeest.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
This week i got 3 new clients with puppies that are named Stormy. All are named after Stormy Daniels :th:th:th How did you pick your pets name ?
This is just sad when people admire prostitutes. Shouldn’t be surprised at society as they fawn over LA and DC perverts. At least a prostitute provides a service unlike our politicians....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two goats, NyBoy! Sylvia, because she was "of the forest" and would eat trees, and Heidi, because of the novel.

I only named a few dogs, I'll tell you about 2. For some reason, I really liked the name Christina when I was a kid. My first dogs were named Tina and Chrissy.

My grandmother's nickname was Goldie. When we moved off her little farm and she gave me a gold chicken, I named it Goldie, of course. Truth be known, my great grandmother's name was Sylvia ...

Steve

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm with Cane on this one...whatever fits. My first good dog was called Poo Bear by previous owners ,after a movie...but when I took him on I couldn't bring myself to call an 80 lb yellow lab poo or bear, so on the way home I tried name after name on him to see what got him excited. Jim won, so Jim or Jimmy became his name...later it seemed apt when considering the Jim Croce song about not messing around with Jim. He was some kind of dog!

Lucy was named Annie when I got her but she didn't look like an Annie and I had a wicked SIL of that name, which made it a bad one for such a good, good dog. She looked like a Lucy to me, so that's what she became.

Other dogs and cats got names that seemed to fit.

Basically, we name pets by their personality but never, ever by what is popular at the time. Never was one to swim downstream.

Latest posts