Natural lice remedy?

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
My daughters and I got lice! I'm using the oil and vinegar method, but will take any and all advice for other natural methods for getting rid of these nasty bloodsuckers. I have already started washing all fabric in my house with hot water and I'm going to vacuum everything. Is there anything I should spray on the mattresses and carpets?

ohiogoatgirl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
my family always used mayo and shampoo. just put a towel around your shoulders and slap mayo on your hair until its covered roots to tips. then add plenty of shampoo. warning though if you use suave green apple shampoo then people will ask who smells like apples when you walk by for days afterwards :rolleyes:

i've heard of using oil. just regular cookin oil and drown your hair in it makin sure you get tip to roots and slather all of your scalp.

either way what you are doing is covering the lice and the eggs so they cant breathe. they suffocate. then you just have to pick through each others hair for hours to pick all the bugs and eggs out. always the worst part if you ask me. that and the fact that my scalp would freak out and afterwards i would get nasty dandruff like a shedding snake. but as far as i know i'm the only one who ever reacts like that :/ oddly enough.

good luck! i know how tough lice can be. mom used to HATE lice season at school. with three girls with long hair i cant blame her! lol

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Also, we found that drying your hair excessively as hot as you can stand it makes your head very inhospitable for lice.
The eggs don't crawl, and the lice don't live long at all without a host.
Vaccum your upholstered furniture thoroughly. Put throw pillows in the dryer on hot for about 30 minutes.
You can lick this, Mama!

Latest posts