Need suggestions

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I’m going shopping later and I need a meatless Monday idea for supper and a few other days here and there. I’m already making a soup i got off the thread nyboy started. And we’re having tomato soup on the other meatless Monday(we plan two weeks at a time).

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
What do you think of cornbread with soup beans. I know dried beans really benefit from cooking some pork with them, but maybe try a bit of vegetable oil instead to stay meatless.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Potato casserole. Bear with me, I just make it from memory, lost the recipe long ago.

You can use frozen hash browns or make your own. I make my own using a mandolin slicer. I put the hash browns in water to keep them from turning brown.

Chop an onion and saute until translucent.

Sour cream, depending on size of casserole, use large or small container.

Melt half stick butter in bottom of casserole dish.

Crush cornflakes between wax paper using a rolling pin, need a cup or two

1 stick melted butter

Drain the hash browns if you made your own, mix with onion and sour cream. Pour in casserole dish, top with crushed cornflakes. Drizzle melted butter over cornflakes. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Potato casserole. Bear with me, I just make it from memory, lost the recipe long ago.

You can use frozen hash browns or make your own. I make my own using a mandolin slicer. I put the hash browns in water to keep them from turning brown.

1 stick melted butter

Drain the hash browns if you made your own, mix with onion and sour cream. Pour in casserole dish, top with crushed cornflakes. Drizzle melted butter over cornflakes. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score

1 stick melted butter

Latest posts