HomesteaderWife

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I love getting emails from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, so when I heard about the NestWatch program last year I told myself I would get involved this year. It involved healthy monitoring of bird nests in your area to help give them data on the types of birds, types of nests, and information about their success with eggs/hatching. I really enjoyed watching the Carolina Wrens build nests in an old hiking backpack hung on the back of our workshop, so I committed to doing it this year.

I couldn't contain my excitement when I checked in on a nest with four Carolina Wren eggs, and they've hatched! Mom was away from the nest when I got a quick look at these little cuties.

:love

IMG_8620.JPG

Currently monitoring two Carolina Wren nests (one empty, one with hatched babies) and a Tree Swallow nest (five beautiful, little pale pink eggs).

It's been such a joy to participate in so far. If you enjoy watching birds and want to help Cornell gather valuable data about your feathered friends and their nesting success/failures, I recommend you join too. I know I talk my husband's head off about how many eggs there are and what type of birds.
:p

NestWatch Link:
https://nestwatch.org

Last edited:

Latest posts