New Here - Wandered over from BYC!

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ohhhh. When I saw this board mentioned over at BYC, I knew I belonged! I love to garden and have done so for years, long before I began my chicken passion. Now that I've married the two, it only makes sense that I'd follow a few of you chicken folks over here as well. :D

I live in So. Cal, in zone 10, not too far from the coast. Being the OC, my lot is small so I must garden in miniature. Due to clay soil, I do most of my veggie gardening in raised beds which has been amended by my chicken poo/veggie scraps/garden trimmings compost pile.

Here's a picture of my veggie garden/chicken coop area:

CoopintheGarden.jpg

I look forward to learning and sharing with you like-minded folks!

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Same here! got to wondering and this is where I ended up. As you can tell from the name I am a veggie guy too! My Dad did the MG thing as well as an associates in Horticulture after he retired. He said he needed a change of pace from the graffic arts that he did and taught for 30 years.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Ugh... I wish my coop and yard looked like that. Want to come up north for a few day visit / work? :D

tentreeacres

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm a BYCer too! I'm brand new at gardening so I hope to learn tons from this site!!!

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hi from another BYC-er. What happens if Nifty decides to go into nuclear engineering? We're all going to have to get college degrees to join him there!

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks for all the nice welcomes. It's great to see other BYCers who have made the trek over. :)

Nifty said:
Ugh... I wish my coop and yard looked like that. Want to come up north for a few day visit / work? :D
:lol:

Well, actually mine doesn't look like that right now, either. I didn't grow lettuce this winter as I usually do, so it's quite barren. The chickens sure like digging around in there, tho.

Actually, I AM going to be up in the bay area/Sacramento next month, but alas, no work for me. My daughter is in 4th grade, so I'll give you one guess as to what we'll be up to! Which reminds me. I need to call the chicken sitter. :D

henrietta23

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Buff Shallots said:
Hi from another BYC-er. What happens if Nifty decides to go into nuclear engineering? We're all going to have to get college degrees to join him there!
LOL, I'll just wait till my DS is in college and sign HIM up for that site! I'll stick with the chickens and gardens!!

Latest posts