New Here! Wanted to say hi!

akyramoto

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Helloooo!!! I just found this forum thanks to Backyardchickens.com I wasn't really sure where I should introduce myself.

I'm in Northern California & I have an acre. My current garden is about 50 or 60' long and 24' wide. Big - but not managed to it's potential! lol thats why I'm here:)

so I really try hard at gardening, I love veggies, more than most people I know, I usually prefer them over sweets!
I do not have a green thumb, lol, but I really try to be one with the earth. It usually brings out the obsessive complulsive side of me once I get out there haha!

So my goals are to have a productive garden so that I have tons of fresh healthy veggies to eat!

thanks!

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome, Akyramoto! :)

I hope you aren't being affected by the fires. Northern California can be a wide area, depending on people's definition.

I'm glad that you'll be using the land to it's potential! :)

akyramoto

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Tutter said:
Welcome, Akyramoto! :)

I hope you aren't being affected by the fires. Northern California can be a wide area, depending on people's definition.

I'm glad that you'll be using the land to it's potential! :)
thankfully the fires are not near me, but I've had to deal with alot of smoke. the last four days have been beautiful though.

this is what is looked like last week!
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/akyramoto/smokey.jpg

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I can tell that you live up here!

These I just posted on BYC a couple of days ago. They say there will be wind today, which isn't great for the firefighters, but will clear the air some.

I probably don't have to tell you that the photo of the sun is just as taken; it really has been that color on and off.

These were taken in the afternoon. Blech.

P1019358R.jpg

plane.jpg

P1019380R.jpg

akyramoto

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
i really find the huge blanket of smoke over the sun disturbing...

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's pretty eerie.

People have been tempted to look at it, since they can, with it obscured, but it's a huge no-no, and I've worried about children who aren't being told not to, or who aren't listening.

Nubsmum

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Welcome. Lots of BYC people here. Be sure to check out your local library. One great book is "the Four Season Harvest". I am jealous you live in great all year round garden territory. With some planning you can eat from your garden all year long.

akyramoto

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Nubsmum said:
Welcome. Lots of BYC people here. Be sure to check out your local library. One great book is "the Four Season Harvest". I am jealous you live in great all year round garden territory. With some planning you can eat from your garden all year long.
I'm REALLY trying to keep that mind during this hot dry season. lol. I'm going to attempt to have a winter garden this year :)

Latest posts