New member from Vermont

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hello to everyone from the Green Mountain state. My husband and I are retired. We moved from Boston to Vermont in 1972 and bought our home on 2+ acres the following year. For 3 decades our land was open meadow for our 4 horses, but now, after the death of our last little pony some time ago, we are converting our property into a mix of mowed open land, forest, flower beds, and a small vegetable patch. It's still a work in progress. I look forward to chatting with other gardeners and gaining inspiration and information from other members.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to TEG. I bet it is difficult turning open meadow into tillable garden space. The open field here has a turf mat so thick and inpenetrable I have had to use an axe to get through it. You will find lots of helpful folks on this forum.:)

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow Welcome from Louisiana. Glad you joined. :frow

I did something like that in Arkansas when I retired several years ago but we just moved to get close to the grandkids. So now I'm back in suburbia. How far along are you on your work in progress? We like to see photos.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello to everyone from the Green Mountain state. My husband and I are retired. We moved from Boston to Vermont in 1972 and bought our home on 2+ acres the following year. For 3 decades our land was open meadow for our 4 horses, but now, after the death of our last little pony some time ago, we are converting our property into a mix of mowed open land, forest, flower beds, and a small vegetable patch. It's still a work in progress. I look forward to chatting with other gardeners and gaining inspiration and information from other members.

hello and welcome from Michigan. :) all places are works in progress, just whether we are working or Momma Nature is on task... :)