New Member - Good Morning from MI!

Michigan_Nick

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hello TheEasyGarden community! My name is Nick from the Metro Detroit area of Michigan. I'm a youngin' - in my early 20's and really just picked up the hobby of vegetable, container gardening. My mother has always had a green thumb and I figured I would give a go at it. Quite honestly I thought all the peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions I started as seed would be long gone by now. Quite the contrary haha. Anyways, always interested in learning new tips and tricks and meeting a bunch of you on the threads! Thank you for reading.

Michigan_Nick

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Welcome from NY. There is a lot you can grow in containers. Good drainage and good soil is very important. What soil are you using?

Thanks for the reply Nyboy. I created my own blend of peat moss, compost, coconut husk, a slow release fertilizer, and worm castings. Been looking up a few recipes to try in the future as well.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello TheEasyGarden community! My name is Nick from the Metro Detroit area of Michigan. I'm a youngin' - in my early 20's and really just picked up the hobby of vegetable, container gardening. My mother has always had a green thumb and I figured I would give a go at it. Quite honestly I thought all the peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions I started as seed would be long gone by now. Quite the contrary haha. Anyways, always interested in learning new tips and tricks and meeting a bunch of you on the threads! Thank you for reading.
Welcome from Texas! I am delighted to have you join us. I am even more delighted that you are gardening at your young age. Perhaps you can inspire others to garden also! Can’t wait to hear more about your gardening adventures. Please post pictures!

Michigan_Nick

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas! I am delighted to have you join us. I am even more delighted that you are gardening at your young age. Perhaps you can inspire others to garden also! Can’t wait to hear more about your gardening adventures. Please post pictures!

I'll keep track of some of my successes and (expected many) failures. Thanks for the warm welcome!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We ALL have flops. No matter how long we have had gardens, we still have failures, so don't feel bad about any fails you might have. You'll be in good company. LOL

Keep hanging out here and we'll have you canning, dehydrating and freezing your produce. We are a great bunch of enablers. You said you are container gardening, is that from lack of space or just because it easy to keep the weeds out?

Latest posts