New Project

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This is a garden I built a few years ago for my oldest daughter Olivia when she was five. She asked me today if we could revamp it, so here we go!

She wants to grow Artichokes and Brussels Sprouts, really she said that.

P1010310-1.jpg

P1010311.jpg

Cleared out a section and planting Artichokes.....
P1010312-1.jpg

Olivia getting dirty!
P1010313-1.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yep... those kids need to get in and get their hands dirty too! No fair making dad do all the work!

I'm glad you have gardens to revamp though. Its nice when you just change your mind on the fly! :lol:

TanksHill

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow, Beavis do you ever stop. I am impressed that you have another one going already. I planted some artichokes last year. They did ok. I was just trying to keep them alive with hopes that they would take off again in spring. Keep us updated.

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is awesome. I love artichokes and brussel
sprouts. I would love for my children to garden with me. But the the 12 year old is not so interested. and the two littles are only interested in undoing whatever i just did.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My 2 year old throws a little dance party when even she gets to put a seed in a pot. She even pets my little sprouts in the bathroom calling them 'nice'. We're putting in a little bed in front of the fence to the veggie garden so she and my friend's daughter can plant their very own sunflowers.

What I've noticed with the older kids, is they have a LOT more interest when things are actually grown.

Obsessed, I bet your oldest will care when there is veggies to harvest or flowers to cut to bring inside! ;)

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
UPDATE!

Artichokes are still sulking in the cool weather, but still not eaten up by the slugs yet, so small victory for me.
P1010327-1.jpg

Onions are doing good too.....

P1010326-1.jpg

TanksHill

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Gardens are looking great. Did you get any hale yesterday? or perhaps snow?? We got three rounds of little hail stones between 6 and 10pm last night. I checked my garden this am. Everything was a bit flat. I am sure it will recover though. Keep up the great gardens. :)

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
THe foothills are covered in snow and we got pelted with hail.

SO different from last weeks Springlike weather, but I am glad to see it colder, my plants are very confused

Latest posts