New to TEG

poodlechicks

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hello, I found this site through BYC.
I've been gardening for years, but still have a lot to learn. I am especially interested in fruit trees and vegetables, though I also plant herbs and ornamental flowers.
I hope to learn a lot from all of you while also sharing my experiences.
I am happy to join this gardening community!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome I am also in NY and put in a small orchard. I live full time in White Plains and weekends in Lagrange. Almost all fruit trees planted in NY will need spraying. Only 2 I can think of that don't are Paw Paw and fig. Where in Ny are you ?

poodlechicks

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Welcome I am also in NY and put in a small orchard. I live full time in White Plains and weekends in Lagrange. Almost all fruit trees planted in NY will need spraying. Only 2 I can think of that don't are Paw Paw and fig. Where in Ny are you ?
Thank you! I'm in Columbia County. I've been to Lagrange several times and also to White Plains. Small world!
I've noticed that pests will attack fruit trees here w a vengeance. I am still trying to grow my food without pesticides, though. Not an easy task, I tell you

poodlechicks

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Welcome to our gardening group. I look forward to hearing more about your garden. What do you like to grow?

Mary
Thank you! I like to grow pears, apples, peaches, cherries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and grapes. I'm thinking of adding a potted mango tree to the mix

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful area you live in I have family in Copake. 2 aunts both had houses on Robinson lake. I can remember both picking blueberries and apples there. Do you have a greeenhouse ?

Latest posts