New Truck Disaster

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last night my nephew called me, I knew it wasn't going to be good when he said you might want to pour yourself a drink. Old man restoring truck died, I know he had a heart attack few months back. He is picking up truck Monday. I gave a $5,000 depoist have no idea what was done to truck I can again lose money. At this point costing same as if truck was gilded in gold. Nephew pointed out no matter what was done to truck I am better off then dead man. Will know more Monday.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry for the family. Death is reality of having a life. Wonder IF your nephew would think that if it was his $5000. Hope family reimburses you some of the money. Had some wood working done, guy died, donated wood as not going to bother family but it wasn't $5000 in value either. Good luck.

This truck is going to have a story whenever it is done.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
OMG :eek: This story never ends! Sorry....
Are you sure you do not want to use it as a water feature?
pick up waterfall.jpg:hide

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh no! :eek: Did you have anything in writing this time? It could be settled against the estate. No one should think less of you for it, given the circumstances. You have before pics and all to verify. It's only business.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
We often have our best memories from disasters or rough times. Probably our most memorable trip with the Boy Scouts was when we took a three-masted sailing ship out of Mississippi to camp on a Gulf of Mexico barrier island. One of the fathers brought his boat and anchored it off the gulf side of the island where we were camping. The main thing he brought was water, there was no water on the island. Other than one boy getting a pretty severe sunburn because he would not listen, the first day and night were fairly uneventful. Boys that age consider themselves bullet proof so nothing bad can possibly happen to them. Right? They have no reason to listen. But about 1:00 on the second night, a squall came through. It sank that father's boat and flattened most of the tents. The boys and adults were out in that squall in the middle of the night trying to keep the tents and supplies form blowing away. A great trip.

The best trip with the Cub Scouts was when we made reservations to get a certain camp area well protected and with water. But another Scout group, the Order of the Arrow, closed the scout reservation that weekend for one of their rituals. Although we had reservations we had to either go home or camp in the parking lot a fair distance from water and bathrooms. It was along the Gulf Coast, over in Mississippi, and freezing. We literally had ice on the water buckets. The wind was howling, especially on that open parking lot. We were not used to that. Talk about miserable. We managed to get a wind screen up so we could set up out propane stoves and cook our meals, but that wind screen was a challenge. The Cub Scout pack usually lost several kids as the year went on, they just dropped out. Not that year. We did not lose any kids from the pack that went on that trip for the rest of the year. We kind of bonded getting through that together. What a great trip.

That truck may have memories like that for you.

Latest posts