NEWBIE HERE HI!

OCMG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi Am a newbie, I am a master gardener from Ocean County Rutgers Extension service. I love to garden but just because I am a MG doesn't mean I am good at it :gig My thing is more vegetable based not flowers, although I love them.

I hope to learn some things and have fun in here.

miss_thenorth

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome! :happy_flower How can you be a master gardener if you're not very good at it??? :hu
Hope you enjoy your time here!

hsm5grls

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome, Hope to learn a lot here myself as this is my first year with a garden this scale. Usually I just plant a small batch here and there. This year I made a huge patch and have 400 plants in starter pots. I am feeling ambitious this year LOL :tools

OCMG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Ok It's like this:

I know how the play the piano, I know the keys, I know the notes and the tempo etc, but I just cannot play very well. Same like some people know how to knit or crochet but are not good at it.

I have the book knowledge, they taught us all the knowledge. Besides I am better at vegetable gardening than most of the other girls, maybe because most of the other girls do not like to veggie garden. :gig They are better at flowers bulbs and shrubs etc. I love flowers but I am not good at growing them because I am into veggies more. We have a communityn garden and give free veggies to the poor, and those girls are very good at it. But not many do it.

You took me literally, I didn't mean for you to take me that literally. It was meant as a little joke sorry.... :love
I have a diploma saying I have the knowledge. Does that explain it?

:rose

miss_thenorth

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Not so much 'literally' That was just our warped sense of humour getting back atcha! :rose :bun I;m sure your 'book smarts' are gonna come in handy though...

I prefer growing veggies myself, although I'm sure I will get to the flowers eventually--but not this year. Just bought a new house- so new garden, fences to put up for the horses, barn addition, more livestock---that all comes before the flowers.

:tools

OCMG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Not so much 'literally' That was just our warped sense of humour getting back atcha!
OK we playing like that? :gig You know what they say about pay back dontcha? :lol:

But I know what you mean, I live alone I bought a house and did all the real fixing up and you get to what you can get to. I don't have a husband to help me so some stuff gotta wait but not my veggies :tools

I am trying for the most self sufficient as I can get.
Chickens, eggs, veggies, fruit doesn't get better than that does it?

We are all going to learn in here and it will be fun I hope.

miss_thenorth

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well, I do have a husband, and he will help me with the barn, the fences, and digging the new garden bed, but all other farm-related stuff is my responibility. He has a full-time job, and this "hobby farm' is my love. And he loves that I love it.

"Chickens, eggs, veggies, fruit doesn't get better than that does it?"

That sounds like me. got the chickens and eggs, but getting meat chickens, pigs, and meat rabbits, veggie garden, and fruit trees and bushes.

So right now, I am left dreaming of my garden until spring. And the new animals will have to wait until the barn addition is done Hopefully spring comes soon! right now it's -10ish C, but at least there is a pretty dusting of snow on the ground.

OCMG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We just had some snow here. I am not married any more so I have to do it all alone but that is ok.

:tools

Edited because I post the wrong topic here sorry.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
OCMG said:
. . . I am better at that than most of the other girls, but they might be better at flowers. . .
So, are all Master Gardeners girls, OCMG?!? And, for a moment, I was wondering who or what you were "culling" :eek: !!

"An estimated 28 million American men garden, says Bruce Butterfield, director of research at the Burlington, Vt.-based National Gardening Association." And, that's just counting in the US of A ;).

Steve
"I am still devoted to the garden, but tho' an old man, I am but a young gardener." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Latest posts