Warthog

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hello from Belize. I am a newbie to this forum but active on BYH and BYC.

I am not new to gardening as such, but new to gardening in this climate, which I understand is comparable with that of South Florida. So watch out all you Floridians, I will be picking your brains.

I have now got settled with my goats, sheep and chickens, currently preparing areas for vegetables.

I want to grow lots and lots of different vegetables, to feed the family and extras for the livestock.

Gardening has always been my main hobby, but I am more familiar with growing shrubs and flowers rather than vegetables.

My experience in vegetables has mainly been tomatoes, potatoes, beans. Oh yes I have grown Canteloupe melons here only a couple but it was a start. So be warned you will be getting lots of questions. Hope you will be patient with me.:fl

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
:welcome Janet! :frow

Hope you find all the info you need. I'm not anywhere near your climate, but there's several on here who can be great help, I'm sure. :)

Warthog

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
journey11 said:
:welcome Janet! :frow

Hope you find all the info you need. I'm not anywhere near your climate, but there's several on here who can be great help, I'm sure. :)
Thank you :rose

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Welcome! You can make us all jealous with your gardening endeavors- while we are shoveling snow and dreaming! I went tubing in some caves near you- very fascinating!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi and :welcome

I hope you enjoy it here... unlike you, most of us are getting in our fall gardens. Looks like you'll have summer goodies all year round there. :D Lucky!

:rainbow-sun

Warthog

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Iesa - sometimes, I think it would be nice to shovel snow, but only for about 5 minutes :gig

Vfem - summer goodies all year round, oh I do hope so :fl

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome warthog you are lucky to have a climate that allows yearound gardening. We have one growing season here and it is short. But we do have snow shoveling season yippy!

Sigmund

Leafing Out
Reaction score
hello guys...
welcome to all...glad to meet you...
I love baking and reading....!

Latest posts