Northern Gardener With Spring Fever!!!

WildWyandott110

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hello!
I'm from Canada,and I'm excited about my first year gardening. I do hydroponics and I raise chickens as well. I'm doing nothing but vegetables this year in my plot of land, except a small apple orchard I'm growing too.
I'm really exited to learn and grow- literally! - soon as spring comes.
(I'm on BYC and SS too! {Same user} )

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
You came to the right place! There are lots of friendly people here that love to help other people. We love to talk garden! What colors of Wyandottes do you have? My first chickens were Silver Laced Wyandottes, ( I have one now-an old hen that is just a pet) and I have had Blue Laced Red, along with a couple of the Sports BLR. I like Dotties!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
You and me and most of the Northern gardeners here. Don't let those testy Southern gardeners here get your goat. They do like to brag and lord it over us from time to time. Just keep in mind that we're doing our best gardening after the sun has had it's way with those Southern sites.

I have a sun room so I do get my nails dirty despite the 14 inches of snow we got this week. In fact, I have 6 new blueberry plants (two varieties) comfortably settling in inside my sun room as we speak. Playing in the dirt in February is NOT strictly a Southern pleasure.

WildWyandott110

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
You came to the right place! There are lots of friendly people here that love to help other people. We love to talk garden! What colors of Wyandottes do you have? My first chickens were Silver Laced Wyandottes, ( I have one now-an old hen that is just a pet) and I have had Blue Laced Red, along with a couple of the Sports BLR. I like Dotties!
I personally have a Gold Laced, but my first beloved hen was an austrolorpXSLW cross. The person who sold her to me said she was purebred SLW, so until she grew up, I thought she was a SLW. XD. She used to have some silver lacing on her chest, but only when she was young. She's now six.

WildWyandott110

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
You and me and most of the Northern gardeners here. Don't let those testy Southern gardeners here get your goat. They do like to brag and lord it over us from time to time. Just keep in mind that we're doing our best gardening after the sun has had it's way with those Southern sites.

I have a sun room so I do get my nails dirty despite the 14 inches of snow we got this week. In fact, I have 6 new blueberry plants (two varieties) comfortably settling in inside my sun room as we speak. Playing in the dirt in February is NOT strictly a Southern pleasure.
Haha... So true.. What varieties of blueberries do you have?

Latest posts