"Not Open" Sign?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm hopelessly behind the times. As a young adult, I thought that I was always about a decade late. Now, a half century ..?

I have seen signs on doors and windows that say, "DO not open." However, I don't ever remember seeing a sign until recently that reads "Not Open" with the place closed for business.

Is there some kind of cultural information that I'm missing that goes beyond "Closed!" ??

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Closed is so negative! They may be trying to be more upbeat and positive. Kind of letting you down gently.
I wonder how many people leave a faceprint on doors because they don't see the NOT part, being more focused on the positive OPEN part . :eek:

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our local thrift store has a sign on the door that says "No longer open". Somehow that doesn't sound any more positive than "Closed".

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our local thrift store has a sign on the door that says "No longer open". Somehow that doesn't sound any more positive than "Closed".

To me that would indicate they had went out of business. I wonder if they know that a lot of folks would take it that way and never return? You may want to clue them into how much business they may be losing with that sign.

I'm with you, Digits....I get tired of the things in this modern age that make no sense at all. No wonder I've become more and more of a hermit as I age.

Latest posts