off to get some mulch!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm off to pick up my 2 new to me Contender peach trees i paid for last night so while i'm up there i'm going to pick up the bags of mulch they put on sale for $2/bag! i have quite a few areas i need to rake & replace plus i need to put some down around the fruit trees my dh is prone to cutting too close for my comfort when he mows the lawn. i just wish the weather would have been better for this weekend. today is lightly rainy so far & tomorrow they are predicting up to 2" of snow for my area. :tongue

when i get back i'll work on starting more seeds & some grafting that i've been meaning to get to.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for mentioning grafting. That's something else I need to get done real soon. I've never tried grafting this time of year, usually try it in June. And I'm usually not real successful.

Good luck on getting those trees planted.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
well, the trees are still on the trailer. got about 10 bags of mulch but once i get through all those i will probably get some more. the big box store will keep them on sale all month. and with the hundreds of pallets they had in the parking lot i am sure they won't be running out anytime soon.

i did get to grafting 5 pears and 5 plums. i have 25 G41 rootstock i was able to get my hands on this year. i haven't done the apple grafting yet. i checked my apple trees in the yard earlier & notice the buds are starting to swell so i need to get their cuttings this week or it will be too late. i do have 8 'sticks' i bought to graft some new to me varieties.

i took some of the rootstock cuttings that are long enough & dipped them in cloning/rooting gel & put them in some pots to hopefully grow some roots for future rootstock. crossing my fingers that all the grafts take & i have new trees to grow out! :fl

Latest posts