Oldest daughter is planning to marry in February next ```

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
At least she is forward-thinking and seems to have lots of common sense. It's great that she is independent. And, you know, we can't choose mates for our children. Those days are long gone.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
She's a bright intelligent girl, and she has what you and your wife instilled in her all her growing up years. I'm sure she has chosen well.
It's a scary step though, and a big one, to trust your daughters heart and well being to somebody else. I wish her the best. You're a good daddy.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I learned so much last week helping with my nephew's wedding in Gilroy. I'm going to photo bomb you if you don't mind, Valley. Ideas for your DD.

I did have a wonderful time with sis and her friends making the silk rose centerpieces and the balloon arch. The arch was super easy - you buy a tape that has holes in it and then stick the balloon ends into those hole. Turned out terrific! And we zip tied it to the wooden frame. I made the mason jars on the ends of the rows of chairs.

For future reference:

1. ordered 100 stems of baby's breath from Costco. Cheap
2. Ordered the flowers for the wedding from Sams Club. Yes!! Who knew? We were going to make everything ourselves, but this was cheaper. Bridal bouquet, four bridesmaids, one tossing bouquet, five boutineers, five corsages, two bags of rose petals. $400. They were all made in Florida on Thursday, packed into a box like an expert amazing way, overnighted to San Jose, arrived at 9 a.m. on Friday, and we plunked them into vases into a spare refrigerator. Never use a florist anymore for a wedding! These were stupendous!

yWm3fkr.jpg

dbMqj9l.jpg

kjppcdP.jpg
[/IMG]
826C8dT.jpg

aV6VwvB.jpg

m2oviQ7.jpg

qYSUmqn.jpg

And I clean up quite well too...amazing what some makeup and hair high lights do for a woman!
kjppcdP.jpg
kjppcdP.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lovely wedding @Rhodie Ranch !!

Valley, our kids grow up. Some long before we are ready for it, some long after we are ready for it, and some never do. You and your wife raised your girls up with cows, horses, freedom, a 45 on their hip, with values and teachings that will guide them all their lives. All children should be so Blessed. It wasn't too long ago that you posted pictures of them riding at a gallop, hair in the wind, free as a mustang in the mountain foothills. What a great way to grow up.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love how you raised strong independent women. They have a good head on their shoulders. Don't be sad at them growing up. You know what comes next after a wedding? Well at least in most cases. The best is yet to come. Just remember I told you so. Wishing them a lifetime together just like you and your wife have set the example.

Mary

Latest posts