On a Gardening Note

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Plant starts have spent a second night in the greenhouse with the furnace out there turned on.

The best locations in the South Window are completely taken up with seedlings. (Of course, the drapes are now closed since the sun isn't up.

There are only a few containers in the kitchen with soil and seed yet to emerge. I will climb on a stool soon to see if there have been any changes ...

Steve
more and more committed in 2017 :)

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
careful standing on that stool!

i had to take 1 tray of tomatoes that still haven't come up & move those pots into a new flat tray. the dang thing had holes in the corner i didn't know about till i went to water it again! DOH!

i've been reusing the seed flat trays for more years than they probably should be kept. last year i started doubling up the trays to make them sturdy, did it this year too. well, now i have to use epoxy in the end corners of the grooves to cover the little cracks to get another year or 2 before replacing a few more. :\ maybe i'm too cheap but having to replace a bunch of them is expensive.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The last of the tomatoes are coming up ;) as of the peek at them, yesterday.

They have all been moved to the South Window ... into the almost negligible sunlight :\.

There is still one container with some pepper seeds in the kitchen. They are a Thai variety and the seed was saved by a friend. I've got some questions about what they might be able to do in the 2017 season with such a late start but they are likely to be tiny plants at maturity. Maybe there's still hope.

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_1787.JPG

:)

Latest posts