OPINION NEEDED--FAST!!!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I just posted my 1993 Dodge Cummins, D200 on Craig's list. I expected some calls, but I got a text almost right away. Somebody in MA asked a few questions and then wants to send the $9k (asking price in my ad) to my Paypal and wants to have a mover pick it up.
I just don't feel right about this. Is is my age (59yo)? Does anybody think I'm silly to be suspicious? HELP!!! I am anxious to sell, but I thought posting it locally I'd get local calls. (61852 zip)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am suspicious about EVERYTHING these days , so I am not the one to answer. But going through Paypal does sound better than other things, like a personal check.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
$$$ first, then truck.

Beats a local person giving you a check that bounces....

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just posted my 1993 Dodge Cummins, D200 on Craig's list. I expected some calls, but I got a text almost right away. Somebody in MA asked a few questions and then wants to send the $9k (asking price in my ad) to my Paypal and wants to have a mover pick it up.
I just don't feel right about this. Is is my age (59yo)? Does anybody think I'm silly to be suspicious? HELP!!! I am anxious to sell, but I thought posting it locally I'd get local calls. (61852 zip)
BIG SCAM! Don't know how they steal your money but they do! I think they use a fake bank check.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
i just found this listed on Craigslist. so this should help you. https://www.craigslist.org/about/scams
Thanks, I read the link!
Thanks, All!!! :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs
DH (atty) says he'll deal with it, and not to sweat, so I won't. What got MY radar up was no negotiation. I have had offers before that were low and one guy even said he'd take it an auction and double it's price. I NEED the money--we have two trucks and one car and we need two cars and one truck.
Here is my ad:
https://chambana.craigslist.org/cto/6140605361.html

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
THANKS!! I knew this was the place to go for advice. I also thought it should be face to face, but I was going to insist on a Cashier's check. Now, I'm not so sure. Maybe regular check and demand it clear before the new owner takes possession?

Latest posts