Pays To Be Nice

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have no luck with seeds, no matter what I do fails. I have given up on them, and that's ok. I really want to try eating a white tomato and see how my acid reflux reacts. I have never seen white tomato fruit or starts for sale. I have a ancient client who has a greenhouse and gives me tomato starts every spring. The seeds he starts are always the ones found everywhere in spring. Last time here I gave him a terrarium full of succulents. He started telling me all about how they where doing. Light went off I said going to give you some tomato seeds to start for me, he said give me any seeds you want. I now have my own personal seed starting gardener.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have no luck with seeds, no matter what I do fails. I have given up on them, and that's ok. I really want to try eating a white tomato and see how my acid reflux reacts. I have never seen white tomato fruit or starts for sale. I have a ancient client who has a greenhouse and gives me tomato starts every spring. The seeds he starts are always the ones found everywhere in spring. Last time here I gave him a terrarium full of succulents. He started telling me all about how they where doing. Light went off I said going to give you some tomato seeds to start for me, he said give me any seeds you want. I now have my own personal seed starting gardener.

i saw white seedlings from burpee one year

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Didn't you build a greenhouse?
/

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I FOUND THAT PACKET OF WHITE WONDER TOMATOS THIS WEEKEND
PM me your address and I'll send you some to try!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes but mostly to overwinter plants and trees :lol:
Growing seed is easy. There is no reason that you cannot accomplish this. You are very busy. My only guess would be you plant them and then forget about them for too long and they dry out. Get a bottom heating pad and a fluorescent light-start small and cheap. Begin with tomatoes-hard to go wrong. Then you can have the most divergent of all tomatoes.Sent a daily timer on your watch for a quick check on moisture.There are tens of thousands of varieties. Here are some light stands. I have one that I got cheap on CL. Of course I want the biggest most expensive one but, I really don''t need its
https://www.harrisseeds.com/search?q=plant+stands

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Burpee has a Snow White and an Italian Ice.

I will link that last one altho you may not have the problem with Snow White that I did - blossom end rot. Cherry tomatoes are not supposed to have BER so I did some research and learned that it also had that problem in a university trial.

Your mileage may vary on this problem but if both varieties are in the Burpee rack at Wal-Mart or the garden center, I'd go for the Italian Ice.

Steve

Latest posts