Peeled or Not(hing)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had to peel the peaches for my mom so she could can them. They are almost the only thing I remember she wanted to can and she would not touch the skin.

No, I've still got all my teeth ... except 2 wisdom teeth, which may explain quite a lot about me.

A pocket knife guy, I don't have to eat unpeeled cucumbers in the garden. The melons won't drive me crazy until I can get them to the kitchen. When I was a kid, I'd use my belt buckle to cut melons open and spoon out the insides. Of course, I had to carry them out of the garden and over to the other side of the irrigation ditch to sit down. Otherwise, my pants would fall down.

Steve

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I peel carrots, store cukes, bananas, sweet potatoes,

I eat the peel on; potatoes, peaches, apples, the string in celery along with the celery..and the leaves, plum peel, garden cukes, tomato peel...all good fiber and nutrients.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I see a Norman Rockwell image of you eating melons in the ditch. . . cow lick or not?
Yes, I have a cow lick. Some of the cows would try to peel me with their tongues at every opportunity :).

Mom's Brownie Box camera began leaking light when I was about 12. My cousin is using her retirement well by sending out pictures from her mother's collection ;). She sent a couple that included me when I visited them at age 13 and 14. I had never seen a picture of myself during those years! It wasn't until long-lost high school yearbooks that I showed up again in 2 dimensions. Anyway, I sure look milkfed ... :p.

If Rockwell wants a photo to go by, there isn't much to draw from. He needs to include a California quail on the neighbor's leaning fence post to give it increased authenticity. Those birds were always hanging out over there!

Steve :)