Peppers, maybe a whole peck!

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am not sure how much a peck of peppers actually is but I picked this many Golden Greeks this morning
29CF7166-510E-4EC8-B3B6-50B730000BEB.jpeg

Going to make peppercinnis however you spell it lol. We only have 6 Gg plants but we picked this many this time. This is the second picking the first one was half this much.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
mud roast.....
large crock pot
1 trimmed boston butt,<depends on the fat cap>.bigger the better
1 stick of butter
1 package of original hidden valley ranch dressing
3-5 pepperchines
thats it......

set on low in the morning, ready at 5ish stick a fork into it if it goes in with ease its done.

start potatoes for mash potatoes...

carefully remove roast into a colander drain, rest for 10-15 minutes
place roast on a large cutting board, pull apart<just to get the excess fat off>
put meat back in juice...

just before potatoes are done preheat the oven and bake your rolls, or slice up a nice loaf of sourdough bread.

veggie of your choice

serve up...

try to save a couple pieces of meat for breakfast ..dice it up saute some bells and onions add meat 2 tbsp of butter add meat till warm, add 4 eggs and scramble them in on low.. one of the best omelettes you will ever eat....

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
@majorcatfish What is a mud roast? I thinking about setting up outdoor canning spot like yours, the few things we have done inside makes it unbearable.

There are some things I just don't do inside. I don't can hot peppers anyway but I dehydrate them and a lot of different herbs outside. While some smells are fairly nice, others can be overwhelming. and my wife's system would not be able to handle the peppers and some other things like chives. I'd have trouble with those hot peppers myself.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Collector did not mention about the setup for the dw....sorry
hard to can outside if theres any wind above 2 mph, hard to keep a consistent flame to psi ratio.. would recommend putting a sheet on 3 sides with the opening away from the direction of the wind ...

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner funny how older we get ,we lose the taste for hot stuff...a highlander is about as hot as we like...
on the scoville range their about a 50.....:lol:

As for myself I was not talking about the taste of hot peppers but the fumes if I tried dehydrating them in the house. The fumes or eating them either one would tear my wife's insides up. I've never been one that believes a hot pepper has to hurt to be good. I do like the flavor but as you suggest, my tolerance for the heat has diminished a little, but that is mostly gas.

When I handle the hot peppers I use rubber gloves. If I don't my skin feels like it is burning. I don't have the scovilles on some of the paprikas I grew last year but some could hurt you.

Latest posts