Personal Page Question.

Farmer Connie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but does TEG have an option of selecting a URL and displaying it such as the "MY COOP" link which the sister site BYC has. Now that our spring has arrived, I will be spending more and more time here on TEG. I thought it would be nice to showcase my additions and gardening progress on a thread with a direct link such as the MY COOP feature.
Is there a "MY GARDEN" type feature here?:pop

Farmer Connie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
P.S.
It would also be nice to have a "My Herd" link option on Backyard Herds as well.o_O

rainey

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I think all the same stuff is here, it's just arranged differently. I don't know why there's all set up differently. They just are.

Look on the right margin for the links. They're at the end of the content not in the footer of the page.

Personally, I like the Backyard Chicken's format but maybe that's just because I started there and had those expectations...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wait, I don't understand: TEG has a personal page? Do you mean "your profile page" ..?

I haven't signed in to BYC in a long while. Not quite as long as its been since I last had a chicken in the backyard (which is about 2 1/2 years) but almost that long. In fact, BYC apparently still thinks that I have the old email address from last year. I tried to change that and just a few minutes ago, tried to log in - fail! Tried saying that I'd forgotten my password and send it to the new email address - that didn't work!!

I don't think I need a BYC account now if I don't have chickens but I did have a page with some coop plans. I'm not sure if it's still there. I had a personal TEG page but the format changed in 2013. There were only a few pictures on my TEG page.

Steve

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Great discussion everyone!!!

Ironically I was JUST working on the "My Coop" link instructions on BYC. Basically if someone creates an article/page about their coop on BYC, they can link to it from their profile.

We don't have an articles system on TEG (well, not yet) since I'm not sure many people would use it. Would many peeps want to create pages/articles like that?

So, until we decide to add an article system here, we could do this in the interim:
  1. I can setup a "my garden" or similar type of field that will display in member's profiles
  2. A member can create a thread about their garden, etc.
  3. They can add the link to that thread in their profile

Thoughts?

Farmer Connie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
  • I can setup a "my garden" or similar type of field that will display in member's profiles
  • A member can create a thread about their garden, etc.
  • They can add the link to that thread in their profile
That would be awesome. I like the fact that I'll be able to showcase basically a thread like a diary, day in and day out, photos and interesting events that I experience as my Garden adventures continue.
I like the fact that the MY COOP link allows folks to jump right over to my diary type thread to see what I have done that day. I would love to see it there on Backyard Herds as well. I have a Farm Diary Thread already established.
1200387-0ed8c18cdda2732f6b7972093b1726d7.jpg.gif
I thought this is the very reason so many people have '"myname's 2018 garden thread" threads going. Isn't that the same thing?
For example: On BYC, I have established a MY COOP page which is a link to a particular thread that I periodically update.
Yesterday we took two hogs to our processor. I posted photos and a short story. Subjects always change from day to day. Anyone who is interested in my material can click on a tiny link under my profile photo and jump right to that thread. One day my post will be chickens, next time owls.. lol.
I love all 3 sites BTW... Just don't have enough time to join the forth site right now.
thumbs-up.gif

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder how many people have these kinds of threads that they'd like to have featured in their profiles. The other option is that peeps just add them to their signatures?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is putting them in PM's a ridiculous idea?

Could someone soooo sweet, you know like @Carol Dee :), receive a running commentary on everyone's garden. You know, until @Carol Dee bailed on TEG and spent the growing season hiding under a bushel basket ... ;)

Okay, they are now limited to 5 members, could the PM's have a "public" option?

Steve

Latest posts