Pet Peeves

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I lost a great handyman to a woman living cross country (hope he happy) I need a new door put in at kennel and placed a ad on CL. I must have gotten 50 replies. What drives me crazy is when people write their phone number with out spaces. One long number is harder to read. Area code space 3 numbers space. Also drives me crazy when people dont post there address number at curb. It is like saying I am so important everyone knows where I live. A client once asked me to drive her dog home. I asked her is your house number posted at street, she said no but mailman knows her house number, I said what about paramedics and fireman, she had no reply. What are your pet peeves ?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
For me, someone driving the speed limit in the left lane. MOVE OVER TO RIGHT!!!!!

People keeping their cart in middle of aisle so you can't get by. One side or the other.....

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
People driving at about half the speed limit, on roads where overtaking is near impossible. And (in Ireland cyclists have about the same rights as cars on the roads) cyclists that holds up traffic and won't get off the road now and then to let motorists pass. I've spent many a frustrating hour stuck behind both for miles and miles and miles...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
If any of you shop at Costco you'll know this one- the food sample carts at the head of each aisle. If you want to see a lot of self absorbed people all under one roof, go shop there around lunch time.

They don't give a thought to others behind them who might be there for the actual purpose of buying groceries. They will stop their cart right in the way and stand in line to get their little bite of free food, then pause while they enjoy it, then make small talk with the cart operator.....it gives me an ulcer just thinking about it.:rant

I think they should dedicate an aisle just for the sample carts and leave the rest of the store clear for us speed shoppers.

I've just checked two off my list. See what you've started Nyboy? :eek:

Poka_Doodle

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Please don't get offended, but snowboarders and skiers taking up an entire cat walk, and people swerving across entire sides of a ski run, so that they're impossible to pass while maintaining your speed and trying to beat a cousin or two.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I gotten many a ding from shopping carts while car parked. Once I bought a new car the 2nd day I had it a woman her her shopping cart up against my car while loading her her. I walked out and saw cart on my 2day old car and lost it. Her friend knew she was in the wrong jumped in car and sat in silence.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I made a comment to a lady at Home Depot one day. It was a pleasant, friendly observation that the cart corral was two spaces from her (big expensive tricked out SUV ) vehicle. She had left it next to my trailer.
She was also parked in the spaces dedicated and marked for trailers I might add.
She glared at me while I was getting in my truck and moved her cart around to the other side of my trailer right against it. :rolleyes:
I jumped out of my truck with alacrity and energy, "you deal with it" she snarled, "I have a child!". Not an infant you understand, it was a kid about 7 or 8 years old who was already buckled in.

I gave her my most gleaming toothpaste commercial smile and said, 'Here, let me do it for you. You're obviously too important to do such a menial task". Her license plate was personalized with an important message about Who She Was, and that's how I knew that a peasant such as I should be cleaning up after her. :D

She pulled out, I put her cart away and left. Looked in my rear view mirror and there she was behind me. She had been waiting for me to leave. Haha! That was pretty funny. So I go down the block to get gas at Costco (I seem to be spending a lot of time there). She follows me into the parking lot, so I decide to go up and down several aisles to mess with her. :p Actually I had work to do so stopped playing and went to get in the gas line. She drove away when I got in line which sort of disappointed me. I had gotten a good look at her at HD and was pretty sure I could kick her butt. :lol:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL @thistlebloom I have a LONG list too! So I will try and refrain from listing too many! No blinker to change lanes or make a turn! People that hit the gas to avoid stopping when light turns yellow, mostly on a school bus! People that pass you in no passing zones (again in the bus) Hmmm I see a theme here. Maybe I spend too much time behind the wheel of the big yellow bus. ;)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whoooo-boy.
Just the first couple that come to mind:

"How you doing?" used as a greeting by people who have ZERO interest in how you're doing. Or, even worse, by people who are passing you in a hallway and never even pause to hear you say "Good morning."... or <gasp> to tell them how you're doing.

Having to wait for the person in front of me in the "12 items or less" checkout at the grocery to unload their entire cart and then process a couple dozen coupons.

Latest posts