Peter and the Farm Not What I Was Expecting

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last night I watched Peter and the Farm on nexflix. The movie description was a Vermont organic farmer. Peter is a raging alcoholic who can not decide to go to detox or commit suicide. The film crew worries what they will find every morning when they get to farm. Peter has 4 grown kids none that will take his calls. In the 70s he was torn between being a Hippy artist or a farmer. I thought I going to see a nice movie about a well kept farm, boy was I wrong. Not a movie to watch with kids. Would not doubt if he a pedophile. His wife would not let him see his daughters and he did time in prison . All in all movie a big disappointment.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like addiction, bitterness and loss of hope.

. suicidal, all three ...

It is only hope which is real, and reality is a bitterness and a deceit. ~ W Thackeray

Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird,
That cannot fly. ~ L Hughes

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all. ~ E Dickinson

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present. ~ W Keane

digitS'

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oog! Steve has his musing hat on this morning.

I agree. There are so many disappointing movies that I've stopped trying to find a good one. Now I wait for son to bring one home. If it's not good I've lost nothing but precious time.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
sometimes you just keep watching that bad/horrible movie hoping something will finally get better about it then you get to the end & realize how bad it really was & you just wasted the whole time with it. there were a lot of movies that in past years got big awards & when i went to rent them i just found they were boring.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I find the more critically acclaimed a movie is the more boring it is. Not worth my time or $$. So whatever wins the awards, I don't watch.

Latest posts