Pickling Your Paperwhites

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey!

I wonder if this could be used by the organic greenhouse gardener on plant starts as a growth regulator ..? It could replace B-nine, which probably isn't very benign.

Those chemicals are used so that the flat can show up at the nursery with blooms. Customer appeal! Most of what we would have in our home greenhouses if'n we tried to keep starts around long enuf for them to bloom would be a root-bound, sprawling mess!

Retarding growth in a blooming plant with alcohol ... hmmm ... I wonder if it would be safe for me to have anything I'd be inclined to drink out in the greenhouse ... oh come on! Be a grown-up ...

Steve

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Something i would do but I would feed them to friends. My sisters mother inlaw is a great baker, she gave me a tin of cookies. When I tried one it was horrible so i threw them out. The next time i saw her she asked how my dogs like their dog biscuits. I said what biscuits she said the home made ones she gave my last time I saw her.:th

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
What?! He couldn't tell they weren't onions? :th

Mary

i've never actually eaten any, but rumor has it that they are a rather wimpy onion like flavor. edible to most people and only slightly toxic to a few (in WWII people in the big european tulip growing area ate them as emergency food).

@Nyboy lol

@thistlebloom he survived! :)

Latest posts