Plains of Colorado

farmerlor

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Why thank you! We like it. With the hurricane force winds we get up here (I'm at 6800 feet) this greenhouse has been a life saver.

farmerlor

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Uhhhh, this year was my experiment in going vertical with tomatoes and peppers. I was not too impressed with the tomatoes I got from my bucket experiment but what a fantastic crop of peppers I got!!! I think from now on I'll be growing my tomatoes in the ground in the greenhouse and all my peppers will be in the air.

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well I thought I posted earlier, must have missed the submit button I love your greenhouse, beautiful job. Mine will be 12'x20', I'm planning to use a kerosen heater for those really cold times. I would like to be able to keep some fresh lettuces' and greens going for me and for my chickens and geese. Do you have a floor of any type in yours? I was thinking of useing some bricks. That is neat the way you grew your peppers, I use walls of water and keep them around the plants all season, that is the only way I have had success. Aren't the winds just lovely??? On Mon our neighbors measured a gust at 93 mph it can sure get rough. What mil plastic did you use? I was considering 6mil. How did you secure your plastic I thought I would buy the greenhouse clips, my frame is metal 3/4" pipe, DH will have to build the end walls probably will use the clear correugated plastic for that. I can't wait to get started if mine turns out half as nice as yours I'll be happy...

farmerlor

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Husband didn't remember exactly what mil plastic we used, he thinks it's 7 or 8 but he got it from a greenhouse supply company so the plastic is "special" and is made to filter sunlight, stay warmer, and stretch a little....I don't know what all. The floor is just dirt and compost and chicken manure. We plant all the tomatoes on the floor, about 100 plants with cages and then the peppers go up top and there's about 30 of those. We used the clips to secure the plastic too. He tried to do it without the clips and ruined the first cover in the first good wind.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Now that is a GORGEOUS greenhouse!!! You really did a good job verses mother nature on that one. :p

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow that is beatiful!!!!! One day I will live someplace other than suburbia and get to have a big girl garden.

Latest posts